Brand Extension Research was founded by Dr. Edward M. Tauber. Prior to this, he worked as a research director for a large food manufacturer and a major advertising agency. Dr. Tauber was a professor of marketing for a major university and editor of a marketing trade journal. He has a Ph.D. in Marketing from Cornell University. During his entire professional career, he has specialized in new product development and research related to that area. He has published articles and books on new product research and on brand extension.
More than 50 Brand Extension Studies conducted on brands such as:
- Merle Norman
- Crosse & Blackwell
- Bumble Bee
What We Offer
Here is what we do for each client:
- Provide a systematic approach to actively identify those brand extensions with the best chance of success, based on consumer research.
- Use proprietary techniques developed and tested over 30 years – both qualitative and quantitative.
- Identify the key elements of “Fit” and “Leverage” to guide brand extension selection.
- Uncover the “Definition of the business” of the brand based on consumer perceptions.
- Develop alternative new brand extension product concepts using the leverage points identified.
- Test these concepts for consumer acceptance and sufficient leverage to gain competitive advantage in new category.
- Develop a “Brand Plan.” This is a short, intermediate and long term vision for where the brand can go without dilution.